CARA Executive Committee Member Travel Policy
CARA Executive travel nationally and internationally on CARA business which includes, but is not restricted to, attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars and other relevant meetings.
CARA will endeavor to support an executive attending the following partner conferences:
- 4 US/International conferences per year out of SRA/ARMA/NCURA/INORMS/EARMA: Attendance by President/VP/ED/Treasurer.
- CASRAI, Network of Networks, CARA Regional Meetings & ADARUQ: Attendance by Executive member, preferably local to conference, if budget allows.
Conference attendance will be prioritized by CARA’s Executive in keeping with the Strategic Plan and current commitments under Memorandums of Understanding with other organizations with the underlying goal of investing in travel that provides the greatest benefit to CARA membership. In the event a current Executive Committee member will not be attending another organization’s conference, the complimentary registration will be declined for that year.
1) President – 100% of one US/International trip per year
2) Vice President – 100% of one US/International trip per year
3) Treasurer – 100% of one U.S. or Canadian trip
4) Executive Director– 100% of the cost to travel to CARA National and other workshops if budget allows
5) CARA Assistant – 100% of the cost to travel to CARA National and other workshops if budget allows
6) Discretionary travel: In the event one of the executive members is unable to travel as noted above, he/she may choose a delegate to travel on his/her behalf to represent CARA in consultation with the CARA Board.
No travel arrangements should be made prior to discussion with the President and Treasurer to ensure executive travel is appropriately coordinated for the events listed above.
Attendance at any additional events outside those above requires the President’s approval (to make sure it is appropriate to CARA’s mission) and the Treasurer’s approval (to make sure there are sufficient funds).
Communication of Merits of Travel
Each person who travels to a conference paid by CARA is to provide a financial/expense report to the executive committee and a report on the benefit of the conference to CARA.
To receive reimbursement for travel on behalf of CARA, executive must complete an expense report form. Receipts are required for all expenses claimed. For claims under $2000, the expense claim must be approved by 1 of: the President, Vice President, Treasurer or Executive Director. In the case of a claim for $2000 or more, the claim must be approved by 2 of: the President, Vice President, Treasurer and/or Executive Director.
Treasury Board Per diem rates are acceptable for each day of travel, including day before and day after the event.
This policy applies to all CARA Board members and delegates travelling on behalf of CARA.
Questions about this policy may be directed to the Executive Director and Treasurer.
In the event of inconsistency between the French and English version, the English language version shall prevail.
Approved by the CARA Executive Board: 6 May 2017