The Walter Hitschfeld Award is named for Walter Hitschfeld, a founding member of CARA, in recognition of his dedicated and outstanding contribution to the organization. This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated an exceptional impact on the enhancement of the research management setting in Canada. Award holders are granted Honorary Lifetime Membership in CARA.
The following criteria shall all be applied when nominees are considered for the Walter Hitschfeld Award:
• the nominee should have at least seven years of professional research administration experience;
• the nominee's activities have made a significant contribution to the development of research administration in Canada;
• the nominee has consistently contributed to the profession through active participation in CARA or on behalf of CARA, or to the corpus of research administration.
• Present CARA membership is not a requirement.
• Fill the form
• Two (2) letters of support
• Nominee's resume (CV)
If you face technical difficulties uploading documents to the form, please send all supporting documents to (email)