Membership Benefits and Information
- participate in a dynamic, professional community of Canadian research administrators from all sectors
- have access to diverse professional development opportunities including webinars, more than 50 on demand webinars and workshops
- are able to join special interest groups to share ideas, network and learn about a specific area of research administration (including grants, clinical trials, finance, information management, leadership, project management, Prizes, institutional contracts, colleges, Institutes and Polytechnics, and issues specific to small institutions)
- have access to a library of articles, templates, checklists, posters, slides and other resources related to your scope of practice
- are eligible to participate in CARA's mentorship program for one-on-one mentorship from an expert in as many areas of research administration as they choose
- are invited to a variety of networking events, including regional and national conferences
- are eligible for nomination for CARA awards which are presented annually at our conference
- are listed in our directory and have access to the members-only section of our website which includes job postings, news and events
- receive a subscription to our e-newsletter
- are invited to realize the full scope of the practice of research administration through volunteer opportunities in leadership, mentoring, writing, teaching, editing, researching, event planning and other areas.
- are able to register in the Research Administration Certificate and Certificate of Research Management programs
- Get an insurance quote and save!
The membership year is April 1st to March 31st of the next year. Membership fees are $175.00 per member plus the tax rate applicable in your province. CARA's HST # is 864725478 RT0001. Fees are collected annually at the beginning of the membership year, membership fees are not pro-rated.
CARA is pleased to announce Student Membership! Inviting students to join CARA will help our profession succession plan and develop future research administrators. CARA is now offering future research administrators a chance to join our organization, take advantage of professional development offerings (webinars, mentorship, conferences), volunteer and expand your network. Student membership is $50.
CARA is pleased to announce Honourary Membership for retirees! Inviting retirees to continue their CARA engagement beyond their retirement allows them to continue sharing their extensive skills and experiences with the CARA membership, take advantage of professional development offerings (webinars, mentorship, conferences), volunteering and expanding their networks beyond their retirement. There is no membership fee for retired members.
Please register for one of our free "Welcome to CARA" webinars to learn more. Please see our PD Events for the next offering